Micon International Limited, a well-established minerals industry consultancy, has vacancies for senior technical professionals in our Toronto, Vancouver and Norwich, UK offices. Suitably qualified and experienced mining, metallurgical engineering, geology and environmental science professionals are invited to join our multi-disciplinary team providing consulting services to mining and finance industry clients around the world.
Micon is looking for senior professional personnel and preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- B.Sc. or higher degree in Engineering, Geology or Environmental Sciences or related technical degree with a minimum five years’ post-graduate experience.
- Membership of, or eligibility to join, a Professional Association giving status as a Qualified or Competent Person.
- Competent in the use of mine planning or geological software such as Datamine, Leapfrog or Geovia products (where relevant to the position).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to work independently.
- Experience as a member or leader of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong written and verbal communication, teamwork and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of a second language is beneficial.
- Business travel for short periods is expected. Candidates should possess a valid passport, etc.
- Candidates must currently be eligible for work in Canada or the UK.
Micon is an independent employee-owned firm of senior geological, mining, metallurgical and environmental consultants headquartered in Toronto, ON, Canada, and maintaining fully integrated offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada and Norwich, UK, as well as retaining full-time consultants based in Russia and France. Micon has provided consulting services to the world’s mining industry since 1988 and its professionals have extensive experience in the mining industry with both mining companies and leading consultancy firms.
Micon’s assignments have been carried out in almost every country of the world for such commodities as precious and base metals, industrial minerals, diamonds and the energy fuels. The firm’s clients include major and junior mining companies, all of the major Canadian banks and investment houses and a large number of financial institutions in other parts of the world, including developmental financial institutions and export credit agencies. Micon’s technical, due diligence and valuation reports are accepted by regulatory agencies such as the US Securities and Exchange Commission, the Ontario Securities Commission, the Australian Stock Exchange and the London Stock Exchange.
Projects that involve specialty minerals, including the battery metals and minerals, are conducted through M.Plan International Limited, a joint venture with Dorfner Anzaplan GmbH of Germany. M.Plan’s integrated suite of consulting services and detailed knowledge of product specifications and markets provides a comprehensive understanding of project dynamics, allowing for the optimization of exploration, resource development, mineral resource and reserve estimation, mineral beneficiation, chemical processing, process development and project economics, allowing critical time savings and encouraging innovation.
Please send your CV with a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org